The purpose of this professional development course is to prepare local, state, tribal, and Federal emergency responders to function in the role of a T-III OSC after obtaining adequate experience. The OSC will be part of an all-hazards T-III IMT Operations Section Chief (OSC) Type III in a Type III All-Hazards Incident Management Team (AHIMT).
The learner must achieve a minimum passing score of 75% on final knowledge assessments or demonstrate mastery on performance assessments or research assignments to earn the IACET CEU.
Selection Criteria: NIMS ICS Position Specific training shall be completed by personnel who will be required to gain a certificate of training and the credentials to function in an ICS Organization, such as an IMT, as a member of the Command, General Staff or as a Unit Leader. These criteria will be verified on the student enrollment request by endorsement of the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) such as the State/Tribal Training Officer or the course manager.
ACE: Level: Lower Division/Associate
ACE: Credit Hours: 2
· IS-0100: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS), ICS 100
· IS-0200: Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response
· E/L/G 0300: Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents
· E/L/G 0400: Advanced Incident Command System for Command and General Staff - Complex Incidents (ICS 400)
· IS-0700: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
· IS-0800: National Response Framework (NRF), An Introduction
Other recommended (not required) courses:
· E/L/G 0191 Emergency Operations Center/Incident Command System Interface
· O 305 Type 3 AHIMT Training Course (US Fire Administration)
· O 337 Command & General Staff Functions for Local Incident Management Team (US Fire Administration)