The goal of this professional development course, E/L0973 Finance/Administration Section Chief, is to provide Federal, State, and local-level emergency responders with an overview of key duties and responsibilities of a Finance/Administration Section Chief in a Type III All-Hazards Incident Management Team (AHIMT).
The learner must achieve a minimum passing score of 75% on final knowledge assessments or demonstrate mastery on performance assessments or research assignments to earn the IACET CEU.
Selection Criteria: NIMS ICS Position Specific training shall be completed by personnel who will be required to gain a certificate of training and the credentials to function in an ICS Organization, such as an IMT, as a member of the Command, General Staff or as a Unit Leader. These criteria will be verified on the student enrollment request by endorsement of the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) such as the State/Tribal Training Officer or the course manager.
ACE: Level: Lower Division/Associate
ACE: Credit Hours: 1
The required prerequisites to this course are:
· IS-0100: An Introduction to the Incident Command System
· IS-0200: Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response
· E/L/G0300: Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents
· E/L/G0400: Advanced Incident Command System for Command and General Staff - Complex Incidents
· IS-0700: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
· IS-0800: National Response Framework (NRF), An Introduction
Other recommended (not required) courses:
· G0191: Emergency Operations Center/ Incident Command System Interface (Emergency Management Institute)
· O305: Type 3 AHIMT Training Course (U.S. Fire Administration)
· O337: Command & General Staff Functions for Local Incident Management Team (National Fire Academy)